One of the things we have been telling clients, potential clients and any businesses looking for an expert opinion is that this is the time of year to plan your marketing strategy for 2016. That’s especially true if your fiscal year and the calendar year are the same.
Among the things you need to review is your website. It is arguably the most critical component of your marketing strategy. Is it an effective marketing tool, and is it getting good ranking on Google searches? As far as the search issue, there are things we can do in terms of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) to improve that ranking in the coming year.
But today, we want to talk about the front end of your site – what your clients see when they find you online. Here are seven ideas to help in that part of your online effort.
1. Make sure your website reflects your brand including colors, logo, images and typography.
2. Visitors should be able to quickly access contact and location information.
3. The site should be simple. Make sure visitors can navigate to anywhere on your website in three clicks or less.
4. Clearly explain your products or services. Elaborate on complicated definitions and avoid jargon.
5. Visitors should be encouraged to sign up for your newsletter and follow your organization on social media with the click of a button. If you don’t have a newsletter, we can help with that as well.
6. Use clear content to establish what sets your organization apart from the competition.
7. There should be a location for visitor feedback, questions and concerns.
Overall, it’s not a very complicated list. But they are critical items if, when people get to your website, you want them to stay there.
- Posted by Anton Drake
- On November 18, 2015
- 0 Comment