Social PR editorial calendars are a necessity in today’s world due to the increased number of media outlets owned by a brand. Thanks to the Internet and social media, many companies and organizations share their messages through blogs, online newsrooms, social media networking messaging, events, email campaigns, videos, promotions and web pages. For this reason, to keep a consistent message that entails a goal, publishers need to develop a social PR editorial calendar.
Developing a social PR editorial calendar brings various benefits to your business or organization:
- Using cloud applications like Google Docs or Dropbox will enhance accountability because it allows for collaboration among coworkers.
- Setting up deadlines will enhance your commitment.
- Checking off the goals you reach in the process, brings a sense of accomplishment that will enhance your mood.
- Planning your goals will only make your objectives tangible leading you to achieving them faster.
- Watching the goals you achieve, will help you create a measurement routine that will allow you to keep track of what’s working and what’s not.
When creating your editorial calendar, make sure to follow these tips:
- Start with simple goals that can be reached quarterly. Start by creating three social media posts per day every week and one blog post per week and after three months increase those numbers by 20 percent.
- Choose themes for the content you want to publish. Using daily hashtags and taking advantage of the holidays and seasons can help you come up with creative and innovative content.
- Share the editorial calendar with everyone who might be helpful. In other words, it’s important that writers, editors, researchers and departments such as advertising and public relations know of the existence of this calendar to promote collaboration.
- Keep up with trends and take inventory of every social media, application or resource you use to carry out your social media branding plan.
- Make sure to leave a daily period to answer messages from the audience.
We know that it is a lot to take in, especially because creating an editorial calendar is not an easy task. Here at Greenberg Communications we can help you with not only creating the editorial calendar, but also with putting the plan outlined in the calendar into action.
- Posted by Marcia Greenberg
- On March 5, 2018
- 0 Comments